Section 141.301 Basic Operations Firefighter
An Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter program meets or exceeds the level identified in NFPA 1001. Individuals may certify as Firefighter II for 5 years, at which time the certification will no longer be offered and the individuals will be required to successfully complete the additional course work if they desire to qualify for certification as a Basic Operations Firefighter.
1) Successful completion of the Basic Operations Firefighter course.
2) Successful completion of a minimum of 180 instructional hours.
3) Passage of the State written examination (see Section 141.200).
4) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Section 141.200).
5) Engagement in fire fighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
6) Completion of the classroom portion for Vehicle Operator certification.
7) Certification requirements completed for Hazardous Materials First Responder – Operations.
8) Certification requirements completed for Technical Rescue Awareness.
9) Required CPR/Basic First Aid. Training documentation shall be kept in fire department training files.
10) Required NIMS 100 and 700. Training documentation shall be kept in fire department training files.
11) Required completion of the Courage To Be Safe course. Training documentation shall be kept in fire department training files.
Complete requirements and objectives can be found here: